Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Contest Events??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Contest Events??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 06:44 PM
SukhoiKid
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contest Events??

I need to know some good contest events. I need about 4 of them. Please let me know tonight!
Old 05-01-2004, 09:11 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Default RE: Contest Events??

Try the AMA website. http://www.modelaircraft.org/comp/contest.htm
Old 05-01-2004, 10:13 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Poker.
Lay out 5 division on the side of the runway. (6 markers that the pilots can easily see.)

The pilot gets 5 touch and go's to make a "hand". Touching down between the first 2 markers is a 10, the next 2 markers is a Jack, then a Queen, a King and an Ace. You can allow them to "go around" if the skill level isn't great. But killing the engine via a prop strike ends the hand. (ie. No restarts.)

So a pair of tens could win. Kind of levels the "playing field".
Dennis-
Old 05-01-2004, 10:21 PM
DBCherry

FH,
Your link didn't work for me. Took me to an AMA page about schedules, but that was all.

Couple of others:
Climb and glide; contestants get 30 seconds (timed) to climb as high as possible. The they must kill the engien and glide dead stick as long as possible. Longest glide time wins. (If the engine does not die then the round receives a zero.) Time stops when the wheels touch.

Loops, or Rolls, or a combination:
Pilot has plane on runway, calls go. Time starts and the pilot must take off, climb and do 3 loops (or rolls or...) then land. Time stops when the wheels touch down. Shortest time wins.

Timed flight:
Pilot gets plane on runway, calls "go". Time starts, and pilot takes off and flys until he thinks 60 seconds has passed. Time stops when the wheels touch the runway. Closest to 60 seconds wins.

Or a variation. Pilot says go and time starts. Pilot must take off, fly a full 360 degree circuit of the field and land. Time stops when the wheels touch, and the pilot must guess how long he was in the air. Closest time wins.

Obviously, pilots can not use timers on their transmitters for these two events.
Dennis-
Old 05-01-2004, 11:04 PM
J_R

Try this link on th e AMA site. Once it is downloaded go to event 705... Competition Fun Fly

http://www.modelaircraft.org/templat...ecialevent.PDF
Old 05-02-2004, 12:32 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Well.. I THOUGHT he meant he wanted to know where some contests were going to be held...[&:]

Fun-fly tasks, or events are infinite:

Climb and glide (mod 1)... 30 sec engine run and try to land at as close to 2 min total flight time as possible with no stopwatch to aid you. (and all the other guys hollering out bogus times. )

Climb and glide (mod 2)... 30 sec engine run and try for maximum time aloft. (better set a 5 min max... or someone will catch a thermal and run out his batteries)

TAXI to bust balloons... with a pusher prop stuck on your conventional plane or a tractor prop put on the pusher types.... taxi backwards![:-]

We can go on forever making up wierd stuff.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:15 AM
CrashBurn69
My Feedback: (1)

Don't forget the ever popular limbo event. Set two poles and a streamer and just start making it lower. See who has the least about of rudder left at the end.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:45 PM
DBCherry

Crash,
Or take bets on who's going to rip a wing off on a pole first.
Dennis-