Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Best glue for antenna tubing

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Best glue for antenna tubing

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 07:46 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best glue for antenna tubing

I need to glue two pieces of throttle tubing in my fuse for my pull pull cables. What's the best glue to do this?

I have:
-Gorilla glue
-30 min epoxy
-5 minute epoxy
-Canopy glue 560
-thin CA
-thick CA

Should I rough up the tubing with sand paper? The clean with alcohol? I want it to be done right.

thanks
Old 05-14-2004, 07:57 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Best glue for teflon throttle rod tubing

I use "GOOP" for such things but I think Gorilla glue is along the same lines. Rough it up, as you say. Not much will stick to Teflon as that is what it was made for.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:51 AM
bentgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best glue for throttle tubing

Ruff it up with coarse sandpaper and then glue it in place with epoxy. If you are going thru a former and can get to both sides run a little out on the tube about 1/8" will hold and you will have to break it out to remove it. If you can only get to one side it will still hold.
If going thru a slot in the fuse side mix some micro ballons with the epoxy and you can level out the slot as needed.

Ed M.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Use the slower epoxy. Do not use Gorilla glue unless you have some way to clamp it into position while the glue sets up. You did not say what the tubing is made of, if nylon the above hold. If something else, may need a different glue. I have also successfully used fast CA by making sure the nylon is clean and then coat the opening the tubing runs thru with plain old baking soda first then applying thin CA, instant but unsandable bond.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:56 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's actually antenna tube (some kind of a plastic). I called the hobby store and they said either Shoe Goo or CA. Maybe I'll experiment with a small piece at home to see what sticks to it. I have plenty of it.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Stick Jammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rough it up with coarse sandpaper in the area to be glued and use medium or thick CA. Hit it with a little kicker and you're good to go.