Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Seagull p-51. Good or bad?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Seagull p-51. Good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 09:33 PM
chase044
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull p-51. Good or bad?

I have a Seagull P-51 that I bought as part of package deal from a private seller. It has a 60 in. span and I was wondering if this is a good plane?. I'm new to this sport and before I spend any money on this aircraft I'm trying to find out if this kit is worth any time and effort. It looks like a well built kit (it is a ARF) but unsure of the quality of flight characteristics. I received no manual for this craft and need to find out if anyone knows what the CG point is and if anyone has one of these or has heard or seen one of these fly? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks........ Chase
Old 07-04-2002, 10:19 AM
Plain Dealer
My Feedback: (208)

Default P51

Chase,

I assembled one of these about a year ago. Besides the cheesy covering, they are really a fairly nice ARF. It was nice that the control surfaces where pre-glued and pinned. It assembled nicely.
The plane flys very well also. It doesn't fly like a true P51. Would be a good plane for an intermidiate pilot.
Hope this helps.

Ed
Old 07-04-2002, 03:18 PM
chase044

Thanks Ed- Yes it does help, I was begining to wonder if anyone had seen or put one of these together. I also agree about the covering. Thats perfect that it is a intermediate plane too because thats about where i'll be when i'm ready to take it out. I also have a quick fly 60 by Global pattern trainer that was included in the package deal I got. What motor did you put on yours?......Chase
Old 07-04-2002, 03:39 PM
Plain Dealer
My Feedback: (208)

Default P51

Actually I did both the 40 and 60 size. I think I put a Enya .61 in the plane. Any good .61 would do just fine. I'm partial to OS. A 61 FX would be ideal. I sold that plane to a club member. He may still have the instruction book. As soon as I see him, I'll check for you.
Ed
Old 07-05-2002, 06:53 AM
chase044

Mano man that would be great and thanks. ..........Chase