Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

engine

Old 05-20-2004, 12:38 AM
freeagedcool
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine

i have a new triner with an evo 40 after my alledged instructor crashed it i put the plane back together but now im on my own with my schedule now while taxiing the plane it will die after 1 to 2 min running u go get it and it starts right up could anyone help with this problem thanx george
Old 05-20-2004, 01:09 AM
scubyfan

Default RE: engine

Commas. Periods. Use them, please.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:28 AM
davidmor

It is probably running a little lean. Try and richen it up a couple of clicks and do a lean test. Hold the plane nose straight up running full throttle for 20-30 seconds and see what happens. If the RPM's don't change or the engine sags when you point it up, you are still too lean. If it dies you are too lean. If it raises RPM by a couple hundred RPM, and it remains running after the 30 seconds it is okay. Fly it and see if it runs better. For the most part when an engine dies after a few minutes in flight it is a lean problem that can be caused by a few things. The first and easiest thing to check is the needle settings. Also if the tank is not lined up with the carb it could cause a lean engine during flight when the fuel drops below a certain level. Bubbles in the fuel can cause this to happen too because of vibration of the plane. These can be fixed by moving the fuel tank and wrapping it in foam. Also foaming fuel can be solved by a couple of drops of Armor All in a gallon of fuel.

Good luck with your plane. (scubyfan: notice the capital letters, commas, and periods... )
Old 05-20-2004, 09:23 AM
freeagedcool
My Feedback: (3)

Thanx and i will try to learn to type. George