Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Glitch problem with my system(Help)

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Glitch problem with my system(Help)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 05:10 PM
BCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitch problem with my system(Help)

I'm having trouble with my set up. I have a Hitec flash5 TX five receivers one is a Hitec 555 two futaba and two GWS. At first I would be flying and the motor would stop then start. Now to day I was landing my Smooth-E and the motor went of then back on then the hole plane went nuts.The crash was not to bad but I need to fix the motor mount.When I got to the plane the motor was turning on and off and all the controls were going nuts. this glitch has happened on all of the receivers I have but not this bad.I took my p-47 thunder bolt up to day it has a fuel engine OS Max 25 and the glitch happened motor cut down then back up and the plane seamed to get squirrelly.I landed it right a way.

I don't even know were to start. Any thoughts would be great.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Live Wire

Default RE: Glitch problem with my system(Help)

Better check your Rx battery sounds like it went bad or needs charged.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would make sure the connections from the pack to the ESC are clean, tight and free of corrosion, also on the BEC connector to the receiver.

Other things that can cause problems:

Damaged/shortened antenna wire

It could be you are getting "hit". IMHO, unless you have done something wrong with the electrical setup ON ALL YOUR PLANES, I would strongly look at interference. Is there someone else on the same channel ? Is anyone flying "Park Flyers" in the area? Is someone using an aircraft frequency for a boat or car?

It is against the law to change your transmitter crystal. That said, I suggest getting a SET of crystals on a different channel and see if the problem continues.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:44 PM
BCB

ORIGINAL: Campy

I would make sure the connections from the pack to the ESC are clean, tight and free of corrosion, also on the BEC connector to the receiver.

Other things that can cause problems:

Damaged/shortened antenna wire

It could be you are getting "hit". IMHO, unless you have done something wrong with the electrical setup ON ALL YOUR PLANES, I would strongly look at interference. Is there someone else on the same channel ? Is anyone flying "Park Flyers" in the area? Is someone using an aircraft frequency for a boat or car?

It is against the law to change your transmitter crystal. That said, I suggest getting a SET of crystals on a different channel and see if the problem continues.
I didn't have this trouble a few months ago.It would have to be a car,there aren't many places to fly near me and I'm the only one that flies in this Field. The thing thats stinks is all my receivers are on CH 47 it will cost a lot to change.But it will cost a lot to put my P-47 in the ground at 80mph or to damage a set of poly battery's.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What does a range check show?
Old 05-25-2004, 08:23 PM
BCB

ORIGINAL: Flypaper 2

What does a range check show?
50 to 60 yards with antenna down. This glitch is happening 30 yards in the air from me the smooth-e went in at about 70 yards out and gust before that, I had to be 200 yards out with no problem. I just changed my brush-less kaos to a three channel on ch 60 so I have something to fly. I'm going to have to let the p-47 os max 25 sit till I get this thing under control. That thing could do some damage if it hit someone or something and I could not bear to lose it.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Jim Finn
My Feedback: (2)

You doing the range check with the motor running?...you should.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:04 AM
BCB

ORIGINAL: Jim Finn

You doing the range check with the motor running?...you should.
Not all the time.

One thing that I notice is that 90% of the glitches have happened over the same spot, same air space.I went through the same air space four times and three of the four the motor cut in and out.Same place were my smooth-e went down????
Old 05-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Jim Finn

Well there you have it then! Do not fly over that spot. Many fields have this same condition.................. But still a range check done with the motor off is not sufficient.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:23 AM
BCB

ORIGINAL: Jim Finn

Well there you have it then! Do not fly over that spot. Many fields have this same condition.................. But still a range check done with the motor off is not sufficient.
Easer said than done. I take off and land through that spot. Circle is glitch spot rectangle is landing strip. 30 acer tall grass Field surrounded buy 60' trees. I have to take off and land from the right.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55244.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	136622  
Old 05-26-2004, 11:32 AM
BCB

OK I have been trying some different combos.

First of this is an electric plane.

What should happen when you plug the battery in with the TX off???

I did this with a GWS-4N receiver on CH 47, all controls went nuts motor on and off all servos were moving , just like when my plane crashed.

Now I plugged a Futaba R114F receiver on CH 60 in place of the GWS with TX off and all was quite, no movement from the servos and the motor stayed off. Does this tell me that there's a problem on CH 47 or not??? I don't have CH 60 cristal to test in the GWS receiver, that would help. What do you think???
Old 05-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Jim Finn

Never turn on the receiver with the transmitter off! Espicially with an electric motor. The motor could go to 100% with no signal to tell it what to do. Dangerous! Your system may be just fine. I do not know why the other RX did not react as the first one did.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:04 PM
TNRabbit

I have a GWS receiver also with a Futaba 6XAS radio and when I turn the radio off it goes APES**T! No such problem with a Futaba 7 channel FM receiver...not sure why, but I think those park flyer receivers are single conversion, which could account for the problems....
Old 05-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Live Wire

You people have lost me lost a Os max is gas and he is still having problems . I still say check your batteries you could be loosing a cell under load.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:23 PM
BCB

ORIGINAL: RC Outlaw

You people have lost me lost a Os max is gas and he is still having problems . I still say check your batteries you could be loosing a cell under load.
I have three electric and one gas plane.