Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

servo mounts...

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

servo mounts...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 12:33 PM
nickbee
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo mounts...

does anyone know a good source for precut servo mounts. I want to get a little creative with mounting my tail servos for my DP Ultimate (elevator pull pull on it's side)..

Thanks
Old 06-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: servo mounts...

It's usually better to make your own. There are too many planes and installations to have a one size fits all type of mount. Sometimes it's as easy as cutting the holes and adding some backing at the ends of the holes for the screws, sometimes you may have to reinforce the entire area that you installed the servos in. It will vary from plane to plane, and from flyer to flyer. A flyer that likes to really yank the controls around will need more strength in an installation than a lazy on the sticks type of flyer.

Check with some local experienced flyers to get a good idea of what you will need.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:42 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: servo mounts...

I just cut mine from lite ply.
Dennis-