Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Ailevator on 6 EXA ??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Ailevator on 6 EXA ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 10:34 AM
Mark.v.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ailevator on 6 EXA ??

I have read that it is possible to have ailevator setting on the Futaba 6 EXA, but can't see how to do it, i have a Hitec Electron 6 receiver, can anyone help me with setting up twin servos on a split elevator, or do i need to get a servo reversing harness, have they got it wrong?
Old 06-24-2004, 07:26 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ailevator on 6 EXA ??

Well, it's usually referred to as "Elevons", so try the manual for that name, but it should be possible with the EXA.

If nothing else, the EXA has one unspecified mix ("PMix" I believe), that could be used.
Dennis-
Old 06-24-2004, 08:23 PM
smokingcrater

Well, it's usually referred to as "Elevons", so try the manual for that name, but it should be possible with the EXA.
nope, elevons is what flying wings have when the elevator and ailerons functions are combined, this is different by definition but somewhat similar by design...

anyway, yes it is possible, not sure how thought but it shouldn't be to hard with the custom mix.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:05 AM
bbmass
My Feedback: (2)

try flaperons
Old 06-25-2004, 10:59 AM
Deadeye

It's NOT possible with this radio, or the T6XAS, or the new 7CAP. You have to have a 9 channel in order to access that function. While, you can get it to work, it is not advised, because your trim tab will only effect one servo. Not only that, but on the 6XAS, for instance, it is activated by the 'gear' switch. If you accidentally flip that switch while flying, say buh-bye to your plane. Get the reverser, or flip the arm around.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:02 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

rkramer,
I stand corrected. What's the function of Ailevators? Is it something used regularly for 3D or....?
Dennis-
Old 06-25-2004, 08:26 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Ailevators are when each half of the elevator moves in conjuction with the ailerons. The 9C book says they are mostly used for scale jet flying. I have a Suhkio set up with the ailevator function but have them zeroed out. On the 9C there is no way to turn them on or off. You can only mix whatever percentage you want. So far I have ben to chicken to try them.

David
Old 06-25-2004, 08:28 PM
Mark.v.

This is where i saw that you can do it :- [link=http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/feature-compare.html]http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/feature-compare.html[/link]

Seems strange that this says straight yes, but if i have to get a servo reverser then i will, just didn't know if there was any point when the site says i have an ailevator setting.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:33 AM
davidmor

ORIGINAL: daveopam

Ailevators are when each half of the elevator moves in conjuction with the ailerons. The 9C book says they are mostly used for scale jet flying. I have a Suhkio set up with the ailevator function but have them zeroed out. On the 9C there is no way to turn them on or off. You can only mix whatever percentage you want. So far I have ben to chicken to try them.

David
I kind of know the feeling. I have mine zero'd out on my Extra, but I looked at them thinking, "what kind of amazing rolls would I get with those turned on, Hmmmm." But, like you, I have been too chicken to give them a try. Maybe if I could assign a switch to turn the function off I would be more willing to give it a try, but since once it is set, it stays that way until you zero it out, I probably won't be giving it a try any time soon. Although, maybe I can modify one of my electrics to split elevator and give it a whirl....[X(]