Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Mixing with a Mini-3D?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Mixing with a Mini-3D?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Stein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing with a Mini-3D?

I have a Mini-3D and love it and I have a computer radio I can do some mixing. What would you guys say would be the best mixing to do with the Mini for 3d and landing etc.... What % should I make the ailerons move with the elevator etc.. Thanks for the help.

Brian
Old 06-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Stein

Default RE: Mixing with a Mini-3D?

No one can help?

Brian
Old 06-26-2004, 02:55 PM
J_R

To be honest, there is not a lot you're going to accomplish by using the mixing. If the ailerons are using a y connector, get rid of it and use a seperate channel on each aileron servo. That will allow you to have flaperons. On that light little plane with that thick airfoil, most things you do will not be real noticable. On a bigger plane or a thin airfoil, you can do amazing things.

As far as how much to mix? That is a matter of trial and error on things like flaps and elevator. Put the mix on a switch if you can and get some altitude and try what you mixed, if it is not to your satisfaction, turn the switch off. You can try spolierons to stabalize elevator manuvers and the like. It's all trial and error.

A lot depends on the radio, and just what it can do. For instance, if you have a radio with free mixes, you can couple rud to ail, and ele to ail and program out coupling when you fly knife edge.

I guess mostly, you just got to play with it.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Stein

Thanks for your input.

Brian