Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Frequency Flag Connector

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Frequency Flag Connector

Old 06-26-2004, 06:44 AM
CliffHa
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frequency Flag Connector

I have missed placed the little plastic item that is used to connect the frequency flag to the antenna that is on the radio. Does anyone have any ideas who sells these? I have run though the search items on several sites but I'm obviously using the wrong search words. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:51 AM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Frequency Flag Connector

I got tired of the plastic ones sliding up and down the antenna. I took a clothes pin and epoxied a square of white plastic to it and cut some numbers from black electrical tape. It stays put and comes off to store the Tx.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:57 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Frequency Flag Connector

My LHS ordered JR red 72MHz streamers, which attach to the end of the antenna, for me. I got 3, for transmitters which had lost theirs. The JR was an inexpensive and sturdy replacement. I like the looks of the Futaba streamers, too, but never ordered them.

For Frequency indicators, a clothespin with the house type numbers epoxied to it works well. I also have a kitchen timer with a clothespin epoxied to the back, for when I'm using a student's transmitter for instruction. I use the large plastic clothespins, and flatten the back on my belt sander before gluing anything to them.

Good luck,
Dave Olson