Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

looking for a certain glow fuel pump

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

looking for a certain glow fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 10:07 AM
crasso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a certain glow fuel pump

Does anyone remember the hand-pumped (non-electric) glow fuel pump that mounted atop your gallon fuel bottle and that you cranked on a line perpendicular to the bottle? I think they must have stopped making it cause I can't find it on the retailing sites I'm visiting. I see that Dubro now has the Fillin Station that LOOKS LIKE it mounts atop the bottle (though the dummies won't show you a picture of how this is accomplished in their ad) and cranks in line with the bottle. It's pricey, but the one I was thinking of first was also expensive, as I remember.

My second electric pump just crapped out on me and I'm going back to the hand crank. The reason I'm so particular about picking one is that I place my 40-sized plane atop a sawhorse for starting and maintenance and, to fuel, I need to hold the jug with one hand and crank with the other. The hand pumps that do not mount to the top of the bottle force you to strap it somehow to the side of the bottle, which is insecure and awkward. The other consideration is stowing it in the trunk of my compact car. Looks like the Dubro Fillin Station has a bunch of plastic junk that sticks out awkwardly and needs to be hacksawed off to stow properly in my field box in my trunk.
Earl
Old 07-05-2004, 10:13 AM
CCRC1
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: looking for a certain glow fuel pump

Slimline makes a real nice one. A little expensive but very good quality. Mine is about 3 years old and still pumping strong. The cap is machined aluminum that seals the jug with a silicon o-ring.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:39 PM
carrellh

Here's a link to the slimline pump
http://www.slimlineproducts.com/online_shop/m4_pump.htm
It costs $40
Old 07-05-2004, 04:28 PM
crasso

Thanks guys. I just ordered one before I had a chance to change my mind about spending that kinda money on a fuel pump.
Earl
Old 07-17-2004, 02:02 PM
huey-pilot
My Feedback: (17)

Don't buy the Dubro Fillin station, I bought two of these and the plastic cap has failed on both of them and the red fitting for the hoses has failed on one of them.