Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Ideas for storing RC planes?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Ideas for storing RC planes?

Old 07-27-2004, 02:38 PM
adavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas for storing RC planes?

I'm looking for ideas for storing RC planes easily in the smallest possible space.

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks,
=Adrian=
Old 07-27-2004, 02:57 PM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ideas for storing RC planes?

Well there's the trash compactor, OH! you want to use them again!

Sorry couldn't resist.

You might consider modifying the kit so that the vertical fin and horiz. stabilizer are removable. That way most planes will fit in a cube that as long as the wing and as thick as the highest point on the fuselage.

HTH
Tom
Old 07-27-2004, 03:05 PM
amelia-air
My Feedback: (82)

The UK ? Blimy--Stays rather damp over there. Well--If the wing is removeable-remove it,wrap it in some bubble wrap,or a soft blanket (cut up).
I use some 6 inch pieces of plastic tubing 3/4 ~1.00 inch,fitted in the center with a plastic 90 degree elbow. drill two holes (nail size) in one plastic stright piece.Nail ,or screw the bracket's to the wall wide enough to support the tail.Usually high enough to keep the plane off the floor.You can now hang the plane from the tail/nose down. Before storing-Remove glow /spark plug.Put about a spoon full of afterrun oil in the cylinder.Put the plug back in,drain tank ,or remove tank,and radio battery.Put a little oil in the tank,put it in a plastic bag,put it back in the plane loosly.Put a plastic baggy over the front of the plane to catch oil that will leak out.Close throttle,or roll up a small piece of paper towel,and stuff it in the carb opening--same with the muffler.Hang the plane on the wall.--recycle battery,and using some masking tape-mark on it which plane it goes in.stick the tape on the battery.Slide the wing under the bed.--Good luck
Old 07-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Flying_Luigi
My Feedback: (2)

Well, I use this 5 shelf stand and I can store up to 5 planes with their wings (.40 size) on one corner of my room. I used small bungee cords from the holes on the stand to accomodate the wings on each shelve except for the one on top and the b-17 (wings separated).

Luigi
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv62930.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	158045  
Old 07-28-2004, 01:27 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

I have a very tight little room to work on my planes and store them . so what my solution was to do is Go to the hardware store and buy yourself wall mounted shelf brackets. Pick up the long rails you know the ones that are 54 or 62 inches long or whatever the longest ones are. I also got myself the brackets that hold the shelves on the rails the ones for the 18 in wide shelves. I then mount the rails on the wall, and then put the shelves brackets on the rails. then I put foam on the shelves brackets and I sit the planes on top of them . I have seven planes on the wall behind a door with about a foot of space behind the door to the wall
Old 07-28-2004, 03:09 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

I stak then neatly in teh closet. Wings on one side, fuses on the other. you can be creative, and stack teh fuses, so that eth tail feathers kinda 'interweave' with each other..

Another method used int eh past, aer those 'adjustable wall mounted shleves' taht consist of two rails and supports. The rails are screwed toe h wall,a nd teh supports lock / cklick into slots ont eh rail. Save a few rolls from coverin material or christmas wrapping paper and shove them on teh supports. You should now have a bunch of 'paper tubes' sticking out of teh wall. On these, you rest the plane parts....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25076.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	158334