Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

De-bonding a plane

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

De-bonding a plane

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Canard flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default De-bonding a plane

I was just wondering what methods anyone uses if they want to de-bond an entire plane, as in after a crashing in order to take it apart, copy the pieces and re-build. No, I have not crashed anything recently, but I do have a few planes from previous crashes, that I would like to take apart.
Thanks
Old 08-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: De-bonding a plane

Debonding will work to take them apart. It will slowly disolve the CA. Acetone will also do the same thing at a much cheaper price.

In any case, I would not recommend using the parts when re assembling/re building the plane. There is too great a chance for residue to be left in the wood which could weaken any future CA.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:14 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: De-bonding a plane

Hi!
De-bonding a plane isn't what I would do to take the plane apart...just take a sharp hobby knife and cut the plane apart carefully.
But if you choose to take apart the plane in a "chemical way" then use pure nitro...De-bonder is very expensive and not particularly effective and Aceton isn't good enough compared to Nitro...

Regards!
Jan K
Sweden