Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

In-line Fuel Filler

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

In-line Fuel Filler

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Chuckr53-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In-line Fuel Filler

Any suggestions for an in-line fuel filler? The goal would be to pump excess fuel back into the fuel tank.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:51 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: In-line Fuel Filler

Inline and 3rd line fuel fillers do not pump the excess fuel back into the fuel jug. The excess fuel usually comes out the exhaust.

Personally, I prefer a 3rd line system to an inline fuel filler. MOST inline fuel fillers are difficult to get at once they are mounted AND REQUIRE AN ADAPTER TO FUEL AND DEFUEL THE TANK. Also, if you have a leak or a hose come off the least of your worries will be the mess.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Chuckr53-RCU

Campy

Thanks for your feedback. I guess I was too vague. I'm going to use a Perry pump on an OS FS-52 Surpass. Because the engine is small, the fuel flow from the pump may be too high for the carb, so I want to run a line back to the fuel fill line for the excess. I'll use a T at the carb end, but I think I'll need a valve or inline fuel fill at the other end. I need to be able to close off this line when I refuel so the fuel doesn't run back up to the carb and/or back down to the pump. I won't be connecting any line to the exhaust in this setup since the pressure is not needed.

I haven't had much luck in finding an in-line fuel fill, so I was hoping to get suggestions here. Hope that was clearer than the first time.

Chuck
Old 08-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Chuckr53-RCU

Campy

Thanks for your feedback. I guess I was too vague. I'm going to use a Perry pump on an OS FS-52 Surpass. Because the engine is small, the fuel flow from the pump may be too high for the carb, so I want to run a line back to the fuel fill line for the excess. I'll use a T at the carb end, but I think I'll need a valve or inline fuel fill at the other end. I need to be able to close off this line when I refuel so the fuel doesn't run back up to the carb and/or back down to the pump. I won't be connecting any line to the exhaust in this setup since the pressure is not needed.

I haven't had much luck in finding an in-line fuel fill, so I was hoping to get suggestions here. Hope that was clearer than the first time.

Chuck
Instead of the system you are talking about, try the stock setup first. If the pressure is excessive, you should be able to adjust the pressure output on the pump. Remember, the purpose of the pump (or regulator ) is to provide a positive fuel supply to the engine. The needle valve(s ) on the engine regulate the amount of fuel going into the engine.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Chuckr53-RCU

Thanks Campy. I'm in the building stage right now, so it'll be awhile before it's an issue. I'm building a Sig 1/5 J-3 Piper Cub, and it just works out that the carb will end up higher than the fuel tank...that's why the pump.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Try the plumbing in the picture in this link.
http://www.geistware.com/rcmodeling/...er/ys_main.htm

It is for a sealed system but will work in your application.
ORIGINAL: Chuckr53-RCU

Any suggestions for an in-line fuel filler? The goal would be to pump excess fuel back into the fuel tank.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Chuckr53-RCU

Thanks for the link!