Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

I Have A Glitching Problem

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

I Have A Glitching Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 11:59 PM
Bob Lloyd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Have A Glitching Problem

I turned on the switch on my airplane (one that I hadn't flown that day) while it was in my workroom, so that I could run down the battery so I could charge it overnight for the next day. Out of the blue, the three servos in the fuselage started glitching. They were even moving past their normal throw. The throttle was bending- almost kinking. No other radio gear was on. I turned the switch off and they stopped. When I turned on the transmitter they went normal. With the transmitter off and the plane switch on, it seemed like passing my hand near the servos would make them glitch. I changed the receiver and battery- it didn't help. I changed the switch and only one servo was glitching, the throttle servo. I changed that servo and it hasn't done it again. I am a little leary about flying this plane!
Old 07-28-2002, 12:23 AM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Bob:
Was the Tx on when you turned on the plane? If not that's why.
If you would have taken the plane outside, it would have stopped. The Rx was getting confused with the signal bounce in
the room. Once in a while it happens in my shop too. Out at the field, if I'm checking throws and the antenna is out and I pass it
too close to the plane, the servos will glitch. It is better to be on the safe side though and make the changes as you did. The final
test would be at the field to do an antenna down 200' range chk.

Randy
Old 07-28-2002, 01:23 AM
Bob Lloyd
My Feedback: (1)

rreiss, Thanks for the information. Bob Lloyd
Old 07-28-2002, 11:25 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Sounds like you have 72mhZ signals in your area.
Only the receiver being on should not do that.
Transmitter or no, the servos will move if the receiver gets some type of signal.
Old 07-28-2002, 02:04 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a reason people are told to never turn on the reciever until after the Xmtr is on. Any electrical noise or stray signal can cause erratic operation if only the receiver is on as the AGC in the receiver is wide open and looking for inputs. If you want to discharge your batteries (not necessary very often) do it thru the charging jack or remove the batteries from the plane. Why wear out servos and risk damage by leaving switch on??
Old 08-12-2002, 12:45 AM
funfly8
My Feedback: (20)

If you have a TV Channel 4 in your area that could be the cause of your glitching. CH 4 broadcasts from 66 mhz to 72 mhz and could be swamping your receiver without a on frequency signal. This would be noticed more on rc channels from 16 and belowmore than others.

Funfly8
Old 08-28-2002, 02:34 AM
HP^Matt

Heres another thought......buy a simple discharger or a good battery cycler....running the batterys down by turning on the rx is NOT a wise thing to do. There is a whole list of things that can go wrong...the worst of which being that you can destroy the batteries that you rely on to maintain control of your plane

ME