Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

no warranty

Old 08-25-2004, 02:33 AM
arniebarn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no warranty

most of you may know this but i cheaked with greatplanes on whut warrant i would have if i purchased a new in box fuji engine from a rc member, there response, no warranty, warranty to the first buyer only.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:43 AM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: no warranty

How would they know; did the first person send in a warranty card ?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:01 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

NOrmal for any manufacturer. If the buyer doesn't have a reciept, he has no warrenty. It doesn't transfer. Thats why it doesn't make sence to buy a new engine second hand unless you save a bunch. I always laugh when someone pays within $5 of what they can get it for new. They loose so much in warrenty and take the chance of getting hosed to boot to save a few bucks. Never got that.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:12 AM
tommy157
My Feedback: (1)

According to there web site there is certain instances where a new engine might be covered under certain circumstances..

Following excerpt take directly from there site..

Please explain your warranty coverage.
As with any company's warranty, the warranty period starts from the date of original purchase. Strictly speaking, an item sent for warranty service must include a proof of purchase date. This eliminates any questions about the warranty period and its expiration. Unfortunately, this includes items received as gifts. If an item is purchased by another individual, hopefully you will have no problems in obtaining a receipt to validate a warranty claim, or that individual can send it to us for warranty coverage. Items that are purchased used will have no warranty, neither will an unused item sold to a second owner, unless the original purchase date can be proved. A warranty is only to the original purchaser. A bill of sale between individuals is not considered a valid purchase receipt.

If you believe you have an item which warrants a warranty claim and you are in the U.S. (if you are outside the U.S. please contact the international distributor/dealer in your region), please see our warranty center page for instructions.

If you have any questions regarding warranty coverage, please do not hesitate to contact our warranty center, Hobby Services, at [email protected], or 217-398-0007 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm Central Time) or fax at 217-398-7721.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:37 PM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

After several years of flying and over 50 engines flown, traded or sold, I have yet to have use of any warranty. The gas engines seem to run forever getting better with age only needing to replace the sparkplug or carb kit; the Fuji engine would be no different. As long as you do save that much over a new purchase, there should be no worries.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I send something in for repair, I don't mention anything about a warranty. I just provide the VISA number for any charges. Any number of times there haven't been any charges, and the thing is repaired free.
One time this included replacing almost everything aft of the prop nut on a Saito .50!
Old 08-26-2004, 11:13 PM
arniebarn

i am cheaking on the warranty card thing,as the motor was nb with nb spring starter and as i live in canada i saved about $226 Canadian,i would say this is a bunch.arnie
Old 08-27-2004, 08:23 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently sent an OS 46FX in for front bearing noise. I did not have the receipt, however, I sent a letter explaining what was wrong and the approximate age of the engine. I had my LHS send it in for me. No problem. They replaced the front bearing AND rebuilt the engine at the same time. They said there was a minor scratch/scuff on the cylinder wall, and that is why they rebuilt the engine.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:26 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

That is why you want to save LHS. Mail order would not do this for you. Dennis