Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Internal Rudder Control Rod Help.

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Internal Rudder Control Rod Help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 10:29 AM
BadBart
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Internal Rudder Control Rod Help.

I'm searching for a rudder control rod that has the control horn attached. This will come directly from my rudder down into the plane and connect to a pull pull system. Any idea as to where to purchase something like this or will I have to make one myself?
Thanks,
Pat
Old 08-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Internal Rudder Control Rod Help.

I think you will have to make this yourself.

It is difficult to say the best way to do this, however, due to clearance problems, you will probably need to run a shaft from the rudder to a bellcrank and connect the bellcrank to the pull-pull with a short piece of pushrod.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:56 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Internal Rudder Control Rod Help.

Hi!
I use push and pull systems where ever I can on all my airplanes from F3D pylon models to large scale airplanes.
I use the thinnest fishing wire available...bought in a sport fishing shop.
No bellcrank system is needed...just hock it up directly to the servo arm. I use snap links and solder ends drilled through with a 1mm drill through which I draw the fishing line and then secure it with a small chromed tubing which is crimped on with a plier (these tubings are supplied with the wire).
At the elevator I usually use a piece of aluminum arrow shaft bought in a Bow and Archer shop ..these arrow shafts are harder, lighter and stiffer than carbon rods.
For transferring rudder movements I usually use small epoxy plates Ca glued on each side the side rudder. Pictures showing the linkage in my Great Planes GEE BEE R-2 model.

Regards!
Jan K
Sweden
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51748.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	167687   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64636.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	167688