Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

kwik-fill valve?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

kwik-fill valve?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 11:54 PM
killerG
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kwik-fill valve?

I got a DU-BRO kwik- fill valve and I can't get the damn thing to work. I push in the fitting into the valve and try to fuel, but no fuel goes in! I tried inserting the fitting and blowing air through it and I can't get any to go. It seems like the when the fitting is inserted to push the plunger back, the plunger blocks the hole in the fitting which doesn't allow fuel to go through.

What am I doing wrong? I can't let this little thing beat me!!!

Thanks
Old 09-01-2004, 01:00 AM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: kwik-fill valve?

One of the fuel line fittings goes to the carburator, and the other one goes to the tank. Do you have them reversed? The one going towards the carb is supposed to get closed off when fueling. I think the 'angled' fuel nipple is connected to the tank.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:05 AM
Stick Jammer

The fueling nozzle should have a notch in the end that gets inserted into the valve. Not to sound stupid, but the plunger of the valve can't block the notch, are you trying to insert the wrong end? If not, check the clunk and line into the tank to make sure it's not blocked for some reason. As mentioned above, make sure the fittings on the valve are going to the proper place.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:14 AM
killerG
My Feedback: (32)

I have all of the hoses correctly. But the filler that came with it doesn't have a notch in one end of it. It doesn't look like the one in the picture on the package! I know that I am sticking the right end in because the other end is to big to fit into the the valve. Maybe i will have to cut a notch into it.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Spaceclam

then that is the problem. if you dont have the right fitting, it wont work.