Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Opinions on scaled-up Hog Bipe?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Opinions on scaled-up Hog Bipe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 08:29 AM
combatman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on scaled-up Hog Bipe?

Genitalmen,

Due to the overwhelming popularity of the Hog Bipe (easy build, great flight characteristics), and because I'd like an IMAA-legal gasser bipe, I am very interested in scaling up the Hog. Interestingly, a fellow club member had plans reduced to 75% of original size, and he flies his with a Thunder Tiger GP .42, and it does very well, even in this diminished size.

It seems that most (or all?) kit cutters will cut kits for plans that they already have (the popular Ziroli, Dave Platt and so on). Do you guys know of any kit cutters who will cut ALL the pieces for the Hog for a reasonable price?

I've been thinking about scaling up the Hog such that the top wing would be about 63", and the bottom about 60". What do ya think of a Zehoah G-26 for this size?

Any suggestions (especially the name of a kit cutter) would be appreciated!!

Dan