Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

pica enterprises inc

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

pica enterprises inc

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 09:28 AM
amt1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pica enterprises inc

Hi all, this is my first post. I have been building and flying for 7 years. The last 3 years I've done more building and only flown a little. Here's my Q. When I've tried to get the pica web site it says there moving, seems they been moving since may. Tried to get new phone number and there isn't one. Is PICA going out of business? Are they just trying to sale off there stock inventory? Anyone know whats going on with PICA? My dad gave me an old p-51 1/5 kit he had started on and the fuselage section he built and left sitting around is too warped to fix. It would be a shame to have to trash the remainder of the kit if pica is DOA. Also, dad had the CJM retracts for the p-51. Does anyone know if they could be used in another kit? I was going to make the p-51 a winter project, seems I'm in need of another kit, ha. Thx, ken
Old 09-21-2004, 09:52 AM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: pica enterprises inc

I have read in RC Report (Frank Tiano's column) that PICA is out of business. I am not sure that they would have a separate fuselage kit for the P51 anyway. I would recommend that you try some radical surgery to try to get the fuselage back into alignment.

The Topfite P51 kit might be a possiblity for your retracts. Try asking this question in the warbird column or even at the CJM website (email) http://www.centuryjet.com/

Well, while at the Century site I noticed they have their own 1/5 scale P-51
Check it out: http://www.centuryjet.com/webstore/c...fm?Category=26
Old 09-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Dukester
My Feedback: (31)

I don't know about Pica, but if you ask around here on the for sale/wanted forum or watch the dreaded E*bay you'll likely find what you need.

Duke
Old 09-21-2004, 12:28 PM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

i had heard that pica was only OOB for 3-4 months while they move to a larger facility. who knows...
Old 09-21-2004, 04:22 PM
rcmiket

A phone call a few months back yielded a snotty woman who said the whole deal was closed and they were looking to sell the stock on hand. I took this as "end of story" -Mike