Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Telemaster Senior (Help Needed)!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Telemaster Senior (Help Needed)!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 11:28 AM
chem16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Telemaster Senior (Help Needed)!

A buddy of mine built a telemaster senior kit with super coverite and paint with a magnum 80 swinging a 14x5 prop. It appears everytime he tries to fly the plane the plane turns right extremely sluggishly. The Fuselage,wing, and control surfaces are built straight. All servos and control surfaces seem to work fine on the ground. But when in air, right turn does little. Left turning is fine. Both left and right aileron deflections are the same. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Plane is balanced laterally and fore and aft. Any feed back will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Montague

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Telemaster Senior (Help Needed)!

How's it respond to rudder? A plane like that is going to need rudder as well as ailerons to turn. It's also not uncommon for planes like that to go left more than right due to the engine effects.

Try increasing the aileron throws, and more importantly, use the rudder.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:00 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There could be several contributing factors. Prop torque for one. Vertical stab allignment or Rudder trim for another.

First make sure both aileron hinge gaps are sealed. If that doesn't help, try adding a tiny bit of Right Rudder trim, and counteract it with ailerons while in straight flight.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:12 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
I'm nearly 90% certain that the airplane has too much wash-in in one wing section.
This symptom you describe is always because of one wing having wash-in and not enough
was-out in the wing! Check the wing with a Robart incident meter.
Or a second possiblillity could be that one wing section is too heavy! Check by holding the prop with one hand and the other hand under the tail. Airplane should balance level.

Regards!
Jan K
Sweden
Old 10-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm quite sure your problem is that the wing is warping in the turns. This is one plane that should not be covered in a fabric as it gives to much and the wing actually changes shape (warps) due to the change in air loads in the turn. I've built several of these and found this out the hard way. To correct it, recover in a well shrunk plastic like Monocoat or Ultracote or OZ covering. The alternative is to strip the covering and add lots of internal bracing, maybe even a D leading edge (sheet the wing from leading edge to main spar with 1/16 balsa). Well fitted and strong wing struts will also help. The more overpowered the plane, the worse this problem becomes. With a stiff (beefed up) wing and a 90 or 1.20 4 cycle, this plane is a ball and can be a real workhorse used for a towplane, candy drop etc.