Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Sig Senior Taildragger conversion?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sig Senior Taildragger conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 10:00 AM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Senior Taildragger conversion?

whats the best set-up method or the easiest ? i was thinking of just mounting the tail wheel on and running a couple small springs to the bottom of the fuse, so i dont have to set up a pull -pull set-up, would this work ok?
Old 10-23-2004, 10:14 AM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Sig Senior Taildragger conversion?

I tried converting a Kadet MkII the same way, it allows the tailwheel to turn but holds it centered. You have to depend on propwash against the rudder to turn on the ground, due to p-factor and the swirl of the wash, it will try to go left regardless of giving right rudder, but if you can get it pointed the way you want and get the tail up quickly, it will work. Best way, though is to try and make it steerable. Couple of guys at the field made their Seniors into tail-draggers, look great, but I haven't really looked at how they did the steering linkage.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First, mount the main gear just ahead of the CG--about 1 to 2 inches. You don't need a tailwheel if you are flying off grass, just a skid will do fine.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:00 PM
iowanspctr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used an Ohio Superstar tailwheel and drove it from a flex-cable from the other side of the rudder servo. Works fine!