Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Spraypainting covering

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Spraypainting covering

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 01:58 PM
nmtr13
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spraypainting covering

I want to put some big stripes on the bottom of my 4*s wings and I dont want to buy another roll of covering just for the stripes, can i just use tape to mask stripes and spray chrome spraypaint? I would be using some chrome spraypaint thats suppose to used on cars. No exhaust really gets under the wings so im not worried about it coming off.

Also do you think chrome is a good color for orientation, and is there a certain way I should make the stripes? I was planning on making like 4 wide stripes on the bottom of the wing and some smaller ones on the bottom of the horiz. stab.

John
Old 10-31-2004, 02:35 AM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spraypainting covering

Chrome will disappear in the air, use any contrasting color.
Mask, scuff the area with steel wool or alike, clean and paint.
Remove the masking tape about a minute after painting so the edge of the paint will lay down (flow) so you will not feel so much of an edge.