Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Stagger Bee

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 05:35 PM
bolar-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stagger Bee

Has anyone had any problems with the CG on a Stagger Bee they built? I balanced mine per plans and WOW, it was tail heavy !! Tried to hover on the nose the first flight. Knocked the horizontal stab lose. After I fix that I plan on trying again.
Never had a problem with any of the other Bees that I have. Just wondering if it's me :stupid: .
Old 08-23-2002, 01:44 AM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Default Stagger Bee

I had a problem wit hmy stagg bee---it did a hammer head on the first takeoff. Did major damage.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:12 AM
nchrome

Default Stagger-bee

Guys the stagger bee is a fun plane to fly but I did find out one little problem with the lower wing. The sadle has no way to lock the lower wing in place and the rubber bands wont hold it there. this will change the incodence and make the little plane fly either nose heavy or tale heavy. Solution use small nylon bolts and a wing down for the lower wing only watch those landing if it is a little rough the wing will break this I know from experience.I plan on haveing the little plane down a Taylor Mo this year also with my B-25,A-26B, Cap232 and my Miss Vintage.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:23 PM
bolar-RCU

Default Stagger Bee

Before building my Bee I looked at all of those rubber bands that were required. I decided to go with nylon bolts on the wings. I also went ahead and epoxied my landing gear on. I've had one good landing, the wheels held . The next flight was the problem. Still tail heavy, when I came in to land it ballooned up at touch down and smacked a few feet off the ground .

The wing(s) incidence is right on. So anyway, where are you guys balancing at?
Old 08-28-2002, 01:09 AM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Default Stagger Bee

I balanced my bee where it said on the planes