Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Paint color match for UltraCote...

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Paint color match for UltraCote...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 10:44 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paint color match for UltraCote...

Seems as if UltraPaint is back up to its old tricks; as in, not drying. Its possible that my buddy got some old stock cans, but I would rather not chance it on my project.

I need a color match for UltraCote silver, white, true red, and midnight blue. I know I can get it matched at the auto paint store, but none of them around here offer rattle can service (mixing the paint and putting it in a rattle can); and if I have to pay for that, I'd just as soon get it in a jar and shoot it myself. But getting the airbrush out, cleaning it, etc., for such a small project, is something I'd rather avoid.

Anybody have any suggestions regarding available spray cans that are a reasonably close match???
Old 12-09-2004, 10:32 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Paint color match for UltraCote...

Whats the closest place that offers rattle can service? You could always send them samples of covering ironed on a piece of wood and have them make it and send it. As long as they are not sending huge amounts, they can put it in a box and mark it ORM-D and send it with no additional hassle or charge by UPS. Would be easy to do and you would have a sure match instead of a missing.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:01 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Paint color match for UltraCote...

Tried that once; two of the cans were FUBAR, and the dipstick who mixed the paint/loaded the cans insisted I return the cans in person so he could "look them over and make a determination". Not today, buckwheat. I knew better than to use a non-local vendor for something like that, but I did it anyway. Before I'd go through all of that again, I'd just use LusterCote and live with the mis-match.

After all, this is for a Kougar- not a Top Gun entry...

So, again; do you know how that auto enamel you mentioned in another thread stacks up to UltraCote True Red, Aluminum, and Midnight Blue?