Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

What exactly does a gear door sequencer do

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What exactly does a gear door sequencer do

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:31 AM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What exactly does a gear door sequencer do

I have a question that may sound stupid but i will ask it anyway. I have tried to find as much information about a gear door sequencer but i just cannot find anything. my friend says for one of these to work it has to be set up on 2 channels one for the gear doors and one for the gear to operate. as far as i know the sequencer is a microprocessor and the unit works both the operation for the gear doors and the retracts. my other question is when my gear is down can i set this to close the inner gear doors? also if i was to use this how would i make it open the gear door for my nose gear? i do not understand how i would make it open the 2 doors for my nose gear.
i would appreciate as much information as you can give me especially in setting up the nose gear to be operated so i am not using the rubber band method.
thanks
paul
Old 12-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Dukester
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: What exactly does a gear door sequencer do

Jomar (or is it EMS/Jomar?) makes one. E-mail them and see if they will send you the instructions.

Duke
Old 12-13-2004, 01:23 PM
bhole74

I have a Jomar door sequencer and it works great. It only uses one channel (#5) and operates retracts and inner doors on models such as P-51s. It automatically opens the inner doors, then extends the gear, then closes the doors again. Just like on the real thing. It plugs into your receiver and has three plugs for door and retract servos. No radio mixing required.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:42 PM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: bhole74

I have a Jomar door sequencer and it works great. It only uses one channel (#5) and operates retracts and inner doors on models such as P-51s. It automatically opens the inner doors, then extends the gear, then closes the doors again. Just like on the real thing. It plugs into your receiver and has three plugs for door and retract servos. No radio mixing required.
I know you said you have a P51 and that is a taildragger but do you think there is a way to set up a system for nose gear using this device i am wanting the two doors to open then the retract to come out. i do not want to use rubber bands to operate this door mechanism as i have over $1400 invested into this project that has been spread over 2 years. i am trying to figure out a way to have the nose door mechanically operated.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:14 PM
ghendrix01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I used EMS Jomar's Gear and Door Sequencer in a a P38 (tricycle landing gear). This sequencer could be programmed to operate in two modes. One mode would open the doors, retract the gear and close the doors or open the doors, extend the gear and close the doors. The other mode would retract the gear and then close the doors or open the doors and extend the gear. You use separate servos for the doors and must set up the servos to operate in the proper direction, mechanically adjust the throws, etc. and plug the door and gear servos into the sequencer which is plugged into the gear channel of the receiver. The mechanical setup can be somewhat complicated but the results are usually worth the effort especially if you use the first mode of operation. Read the instruction carefully if you use this one. I don't know about others.

George
Old 12-14-2004, 09:17 AM
bhole74

It uses seperate servos for the retracts and doors. It also has a switch inside to determine if the doors stay open when gear is deployed or if they close. You can use small servos to power the doors directly eliminating the need for any rubberband devices. This is a very universal and user friendly device and I am sure it will be able to perform the task you need it to. I will see if I can dig out my instruction sheet and e-mail it to you. Brian