Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

question about engine

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

question about engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 06:21 PM
jlobster88
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about engine

my trainer broke a prop while takeoff and slammed into the ground. I was wondering how can i tell if the motor got tosted or if it is salvagable??
Old 01-02-2005, 06:32 PM
wdennie

Default RE: question about engine

first make sure the engine is clean the carb and all make sure no dirt can go down the carb then pull the glow plug out put some afterrun oil in it the glow plug hole just a drop or two and put some down the carb put the plug back in and then put a prop on it and turn it over slowly to feel if it has bent the crank or for any other thing that dont feel right if it all feels good then it should be ok ive put a couple inthe dirt and have been lucky not to tear anything up
good luck i hope its ok
Old 01-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Xrod
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: question about engine

Are you flying from dirt or pavement? Check for dirt in carb, I recommend rinsing with fuel, or disassemble if only necessary. I used to take a paper sack full of props to the field when I was learning! It won't be your only one! Worst thing that could happen is a bent shaft, and you can see this by simply rotating the shaft. Good luck.