Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Help!FUEL TANK SIZE?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Help!FUEL TANK SIZE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 03:33 PM
SHERDILL
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!FUEL TANK SIZE?

Hi

I am building a 60. size Pica T28 and going to intall a tower hobbies .75 engine on it,i am not sure which tank size should i go with,i want to have a tank big enough to give me considerable worry free flight time ...i am thinking about a 16oz tank but not sure if its ok or too big capacity wise for a .75 size engine,now the problem is i have only 4 1/4 inch of space between the firewall and the cockpit bulkhead and most of the 16 oz tanks are at least 5 1/2 inches long....the fire wall is 3/8 inch thick and beyond that i have another 2 inches before the back of the engine.

Please help me out what should i do...

Thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 03:42 PM
CafeenMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help!FUEL TANK SIZE?

The tank can extend into the radio compartment in most cases. I used a 16 ounce tank with my 1.08 and it gave me plenty of flight time. I'd say a 12-14 ounce tank should be fine for your .75 assuming you don't fly at full throttle the whole time.