Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Best Razor PLane (Wil-Kro)

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Best Razor PLane (Wil-Kro)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 10:13 PM
buzzingb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Razor PLane (Wil-Kro)

When I started flying and building model airpanes I was told that you might as well buy a good razor plane. So I began to look at model shops at razor planes and they all looked cheap and plastic. Then I looked on ebay saw a Wil Kro razor plane. They were made years ago and the only place I have seen them is on ebay. It is the neatest little plane because it uses bouble edge razor blades like you shave with. Have you ever looked at how thin these blades are? Well they are thin and very sharp they will shave balsa like they will hair. Howeve, they are only good for balsa. I have tried them on pine, spruce, and other softer hardwoods and they don't work will on them at all. But balsa doesn't stand a chance with these.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:25 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Razor PLane (Wil-Kro)

If you want a good one get the master airscrew one. I thought it looked kind of cheap when the LHS recommended it but bought it anyway and I love it. I was going to buy a spare blade for it but decided not to and I haven't needed it. Oh ya I bought it back in '92 and it gets a lot of use as I was also building custom planes and it's still sharp and still works like new.