Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

T.V. at the Field? (Super Bowl!)

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

T.V. at the Field? (Super Bowl!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 09:37 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T.V. at the Field? (Super Bowl!)

Hey,

Anyone know if portable TVs cause radio interference? I am going to the field tomorrow and I was thinking of bringing my portable TV with rabbit ears so I can watch the Super Bowl when I'm not flying . Just, the field I go to is within three miles of an active airport and we have quite a few members that come to the airport on Sunday and I don't need an earfull from the club president. (Already experienced that before ) Thanks a bunch!

IBrakeForNobody
Old 02-05-2005, 10:35 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: T.V. at the Field? (Super Bowl!)

Gee, we won't have that problem on this coast, it'll be dark by the time the game begins
Old 02-05-2005, 11:27 PM
The Ghost

Same here. Will be 10am Monday morning. So I will be able to sit and watch the whole game. It should be no problem at the field with a TV as we use them to watch the in flight video for on board cameras.

Cheers.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:36 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

No problem here in Jacksonville. The FAA and Homeland Security shut down all R/C, UAV, model rockets, banner towing, agro etc flying within 30 nm of Alltel Stadium. They basicaly shut down all 3 fields in the metro area.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:49 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it's a little late for a response, but wanted to answer your question. We have a TV at our field and have for the years I have been in the club. It is not unusual for someone to come out and turn on the TV and watch some sporting event at different times. We have not had any problems with interference.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Ross Kean

A TV is a receiver, not a transmitter so conventional RF interference shouldn't happen. With a set with a CRT, you might have some difficulty in the immediate area of the set due to electromagnetic interference, but I can't imagine that this would extend beyond a couple of feet.

Ross