Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Air Restratcs

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Air Restratcs

My next plane will have trike retracts, but I don't want to take a second loan out on the car to get a set of air retracts (read Robart) sooooo... who and where can I find a reasonable priced air retract combo? Plane will fall in the 5 -10lb range.
Old 09-09-2002, 04:58 PM
flailing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Restratcs

Try www.centuryjet.com
Old 09-09-2002, 06:55 PM
JHuisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inexpensive retracts

Try www.eurokitplane.com

A Canadian distributor of an Italian line of gear. Similar to Spring Air - Air up, spring down. Nice and light to boot . . . .
Old 09-09-2002, 08:36 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air Restratcs

With all due respect to the gentleman that suggested Century Jet, save yourself some grief and stay away from them. They are being plagued by quality control problems.

You didn't say what your next project will be. Is it going to be a big scale ship, or a retract sport model? Various other manufacturers have resonably priced retracts, such as Springair, Dave Brown, and even Robart to name just a few.

Vince
Old 09-09-2002, 09:39 PM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Century

I have been following the many threads concerning Century Jets. Sounds like a company to avoid at the present time ( I remember when they didn't have those problems!) As I am from Canada, the Eurokit will be the one I don't have to worry about the exchange rate and paying customs. Their stuff has received a lot of praise in here so it looks like Eurokit will be the winner.

Thanks for the input.
Spar