Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

615 air retracts on a GSP FW190

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

615 air retracts on a GSP FW190

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Novato
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 615 air retracts on a GSP FW190

I bought a GSP FW190 1.20 aircraft and GSP recommends the Robart 615 (which for starter are 100* and rotating making them not really fit for a FW190) pneumatic retracts which I’ve installed in the following set up:

The air canister is inside the fuse close to the air valve, so there’s quite a distances to the retracts (70” wing span), and the retracts work fine coming down, but not coming up, when I activate the retracted position they gear just merely unlocks itself form the down position and that’s it, if you tap upwards on them just a little bit they’ll complete their travel upwards.

I have the air restrictor but are not installed, the canister and the systems were pressurized to 80 psi as per the manual. I’ve already installed Robostruts also.

Old 03-17-2005, 04:16 PM
WarbirdPup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 615 air retracts on a GSP FW190

I would guess that you have checked for any kinks or trash in the lines or couplings.
I had this problem also but checked for this out of the box by making a retract test mount I found that my retracts were really tight, there was no lubricant what so ever from the factory.
I also found in my situation that two smaller air cannisters worked better than a single big one.
If I had not checked for these thing I would have definitely had the same trouble that you describe without much of a chance for structural change.
Hope the best for you and that is something small and easy to figure out.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 615 air retracts on a GSP FW190

The 615's are notorious for binding if the mounting flanges are not perfectly straight and level with each other. Also, if one of the links in the mechanism is slightly bent, then the retract will also binds. The Robart 615's are designed for planes with wheels that rotate back into the wing, such as P-40, Corsair, and Hellcat. It is best just to replace them with the correct 74-degree retracts from Spring Air.