Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Flying Field List??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Flying Field List??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 01:01 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying Field List??

This might be kind of a wild question...but is there a website with a list of flying fields/locations on it? I've been searching around w/o any luck. If one doesn't exist, it seems like a good idea. For example if you went on vacation and wanted to take a plane along with you, or if you are moving to a new area, you would easily be able to locate a field [8D]
Old 03-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flying Field List??

ORIGINAL: josh21

This might be kind of a wild question...but is there a website with a list of flying fields/locations on it? I've been searching around w/o any luck. If one doesn't exist, it seems like a good idea. For example if you went on vacation and wanted to take a plane along with you, or if you are moving to a new area, you would easily be able to locate a field [8D]
To the best of my knowledge there is no such list.

What I do when I plan a vacation is to check with the AMA to find what clubs are in the immediate area.

Then I go to their website (if they have one) and check it out. Frequently the web sites will list directions to their flying field.

In any case, I email one of the officers in the club and tell them when I will be in the area. I ask if I can fly at their field while I am in the area, what restrictions are at the field (electric only, no flying on certain days, etc) and if not listed, a name and phone number of who to contact to make arrangements to use the field after I have arrived in the area.

While on vacation I have not been turned down yet. Be aware that it may take a week or two for someone to get back to you on this.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:19 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flying Field List??

It's not at all a wild question, it comes up frequently. The best place is the AMA club locator http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx
Of course it just lists names, so you still have to actually contact someone, or perhaps they have a web site, to find the field. But this is just common courtesy anyway, it's best to contact a club rather than just showing up.