Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Spoilers on Sig LT-40?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Spoilers on Sig LT-40?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 12:41 PM
adam_jorgensen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoilers on Sig LT-40?

Hello everybody. On my other thread "flaps on sig LT40" somebody mentioned the use of spoilers instead of flaps to reduce speed but as well as lift on landing. Would using spoilers instead of flaps be better?

Are they operated by servos? Somebody is going to have to explain this in detail on how to install them. It sounds more difficult to put in than flaps. What I really want to do is slow the plane down on landing but don't want to give it extra lift so that I'm coming in too high. Sometimes I have a problem of coming in high and I have to push the nose down. We all know this just makes the plane go faster and you still can't land. But am I going to loose my aileron control with spoilers?

Also, if somebody could touch bases with the wing bolt method for the Sig LT40. This is another mod I want to do.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:40 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spoilers on Sig LT-40?

Check on the sailplane and glider forum concerning spoilers. Almost all high performance sailplanes use spoilers. There are different types but they are all servo activated. Spoilers only decrease the lift on a wing. There have been full scale aircraft that use spoilers instead of ailerons by activating one or the other. All they do is increase drag and spoil lift.