Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

kaos 40

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 05:53 PM
tj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kaos 40

How do you attach a canopy to a kaos 40?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:29 PM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: kaos 40

when i did mine about twenty years ago i used rc 56 and cut it for a fine fit and went around the outside with a small bead
Old 03-17-2005, 08:59 PM
redfox435cat

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD193&P=7]shoe goo[/link]
this is the best stuff
Also a hot glue gun works good but it's harder to get it to look good

Also plasic epoxy works great
there are a few other.
Basically anything that is flexable and works on plasic
Old 03-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Kaos1964
My Feedback: (12)

Ok...this takes a little extra time but results in a canopy that won't come loose.

Cover/paint the area underneath your canopy first, then take the trimmed canopy and trace around it with a fine pencil. Very carefully cut a small v-shaped groove with a sharp x-acto knife around the canopy outlline, about 1/8" (or a little less) deep, that the canopy will fit into. Glue the canpopy in place with RC-56 glue, roughing up the glued area a bit.

When dry, mix up some epoxy and microballoons and make a very fine fillet around the outside of the canopy, using your "universal applicator" (the end of your little finger) to smooth out the fillet. Let this dry then cover/paint as usual.

End result is a VERY solid canopy that won't fly off midflight.

I can send over pics if you like - let me know...

Old 03-18-2005, 08:45 AM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

I found a cheaper substitute for R-56. I have used Craft Essentials REAL DEAL Tacky Glue from the craft supply store. Dries clear,, works (at least for me ) as well as R-56 and cost $ .99/bottle. You will find it in a bottle that looks like R-56. It is white and dries clear. You might take a look at it.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:50 AM
huggins

ORIGINAL: jimcork1

I found a cheaper substitute for R-56. I have used Craft Essentials REAL DEAL Tacky Glue from the craft supply store. Dries clear,, works (at least for me ) as well as R-56 and cost $ .99/bottle. You will find it in a bottle that looks like R-56. It is white and dries clear. You might take a look at it.

I often wondered if this stuff would work, but have never tried it. It seems like the same stuff. I think my bottle of r56 is about shot, so next time I may give it a whirl. My wife always has a few bottles of the stuff sitting around.

Mike