Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

U.S. Aircore aileron torque rods missing...please help

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

U.S. Aircore aileron torque rods missing...please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 03:28 PM
frager14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U.S. Aircore aileron torque rods missing...please help

I bought a U.S. Aircore 40 trainer last summer and am finally finishing it up. I found out that I am missing the aileron torque rods. I called many different numbers listed throughout the manual and the company seems to have dissolved or the phone number has been changed. The instruction manual with the phone numbers in it was made in 1995. I was wondering if I could use control horns to connect the servo to the ailerons. If you aren't familiar with the Aircore airplane the ailerons are stiffer and stronger than a balsa aileron would be. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:17 PM
carrellh

Default RE: U.S. Aircore aileron torque rods missing...please help

Look in the kit building forum, manufacturer support sub forum. It covers Great Planes, US Aircore, Hobbico, Top Flite, and others. There are current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses. Their customer service is top notch. I'd guess they'll be able to help you.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Tesla1856

Default RE: U.S. Aircore aileron torque rods missing...please help

I'm pretty sure they are under the whole Hobbico group now.

http://www.usaircore.com/airplanes/usaa2030.html

Try Hobby Services, at [email protected], or 217-398-0007 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm Central Time) or fax at 217-398-7721.

They are very helpful and should be able to help. If that is the wrong department, they can surely point you in the right direction.

If you want, you can drop by my site for some construction tips.

http://www.vlsdynamics.com/rc/planes/us_aircore40.htm