Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

covering

Old 03-20-2005, 01:31 AM
bryston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default covering

am about to cover my tiger2, can anyone tell me how to apply mono-cote over mono.cote , i tried to iron it dow but a lots of air traped between. thanks
Old 03-20-2005, 05:00 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: covering

There's a ***** wheel that you can buy at the lady's dress shop. I think the ladies use it to transfer the pattern to the material? It will punch breather holes in your Monocoat. Punch beforehand.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 03-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: covering

ORIGINAL: bryston

am about to cover my tiger2, can anyone tell me how to apply mono-cote over mono.cote , i tried to iron it dow but a lots of air traped between. thanks
I have found the best way to apply monokote over monokote is the "Windex method". Put your base covering/color on per moncote instructions. Then, for your trim, cut the trim piece to the size/shape you want. Spray BLUE WINDEX on the area where the trim is to be applied, peel the backing off and apply the trim piece.

Now take a credit card or playing card and carefully squeegee the excess windex and air bubbles out. BLOT the excess up with paper towels and let the whole thing dry for 24 hours.

After it is dry, any loose seams/edges can be reattached by using LOW heat from the iron OR monocote trim solvement.

Some will say to use the trim solvement to apply the trim. My experience has been that I don't have enough working time to get the trim piece properly positioned before the solvent dries. I don't have this problem with the windex. Again, my experience has shown that the BLUE windex has something in it that activates the adhesive on the monocote.

Hope this helps.