Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

New Plane Recommendations Please

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

New Plane Recommendations Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 05:11 PM
SDeMaio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Plane Recommendations Please

Hello,

I recently have been getting into RC, and bought a Firebird Commander. I'm still flying the same one (although I think I have given this thing about 4 lives... I seem to be pretty good at repairing some pretty devistating crashes). I am looking to move on to a 3ch. plane (I need elevator!!!) but i'm not sure where to go next. I have looked at the Aerobird Extreme, as well as a few others, but I think I am doing that only because I already have a hobbyzone. I also would like to be able to fly in some heavier winds as well, as I almost lost her yesterday. I am thinking that I would like to build one as well, but am not sure what kits are good for semi-beginners... I am pretty crafty, so I dont think I would have too much trouble with something a little more intermediate. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 03-28-2005, 05:25 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: New Plane Recommendations Please

Ever consider going Glow?
Old 03-28-2005, 05:34 PM
SDeMaio

Sure. I am open to going any direction. It's pretty addicting!
Old 03-28-2005, 07:36 PM
redfox435cat

Are you flying at a park or do you have a flying field? If your at a park then stick to electrics. A [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGNE8&P=0]Zagi tazz[/link] flying wing would be a great second plane to play with. It's really fast but you just throttle back while you learn to fly it. There virtually indestructible, there really cool because the design is so wrong. Get a 6 channel radio with mixing like this [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCZR6**&P=0]radio 6xa[/link] acually you'll want to get the set up with micro servos if you get the tazz since it like micro servos

I know this plane only uses 3 channels but you need the mixing for this plane and you'll already have the radio you'll need to go glow powered. You'll also need a good 8-cell charger and at least 3 batteries to really enjoy the model

If you have access to a real model flying field then get a full 4 channel glow powered trainer with the radio mentioned above. Any trainer is great but get an instructor if you go this route. [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCAS2&P=0]trainer[/link]. You will of course need field support equipment (starter, glow driver, tools
Old 03-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Young-RCPilot

If U Wanna Go Glow Get Something Like A Sig 4*40 Or Tiger II or A Hanger 9 Ultra Stick, Just Have The Settings On Low Then Once U Get Use To It. Go Wild!