Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

os fx 61 sideways mounting

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

os fx 61 sideways mounting

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 03:42 AM
jon777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os fx 61 sideways mounting

having installed a os fx 61 sideways in a cub I cannot get any high speed needle valve adjustment so I tried another engine from another plane and had the same results...using a pitts muffler and have experimented with tank height but am having no success even turning the needle out 5 turns it runs hot (lean) the pitts pressure tap is clear and working...... HELP!!!!!I have also replaced the tank and all fuel lines,isolated the tank in foam and installed tank 1/4 inch centered below venturi as instructed.if a 61 runs on its side then it must be the pitts or the engine hates that position thank you for your help people Jon
Old 09-27-2002, 11:05 AM
John B
My Feedback: (1)

I would pull the tank and replace all the fuel lines and check to make sure the clunk is not clogged. I had a clunk with a screen in the end of it ,when it clogged it did the same thing as you are describing.
John
Old 09-27-2002, 01:31 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

I have an OS 61 mounted sideways in my Shoestring with no problems at all. Sounds like you have line problems or bad fuel.