Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Glow Wire Help? Please!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Glow Wire Help? Please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 11:17 PM
bird butcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Wire Help? Please!

I am looking to put some glow wire one a plane and a heli. I am looking to build the glow wire into the structure of the plane with translucent covering. The heli is my brothers and I dont know much about them. its a suprise for him.. I am just looking for some insight...like...the do's and dont's of the glow wire installation. any insight ...or....thoughts would be very helpfull..
Old 05-09-2005, 03:31 AM
The Ghost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glow Wire Help? Please!

I just use a remote glow extension advailable from all LHS's

Cheers.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:54 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Glow Wire Help? Please!

Check www.glowire.com Thats what you are looking for. My experiance with it used internally and covering with transparent covering has proved disappointing. I used it in the fuelage and wings of a Bristol M-1 and a four engine airplane that both had the after fuse and wings covered with transparent yellow monocoat and used the yellow glowire. I was told this was the most intense of the colors.

Unfortunately through the monocoat it is just not very bright and I consider it a failure for that application, Of course I also use removable incandescent color coded orientation lights. Its very difficult to see the yellow glow in flight. I plan to replace with LED strings at some point when I recover.

This is the Quad and you can see the removable orientation lights on the wing tips:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33946.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	269001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63965.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	269002