Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

twin elevator servos

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

twin elevator servos

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 11:39 AM
kf6gub
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin elevator servos

How does that work? I assume you have to have twin elevator horns. True? Apparently on some RC airplanes, one has the option of installing single or twin elevator servos. thx. Jim
Old 05-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: twin elevator servos

How does that work? I assume you have to have twin elevator horns. True? Apparently on some RC airplanes, one has the option of installing single or twin elevator servos. thx. Jim
[/quote]

Typically, you will have 2 control horns, one on each elevator half.

Again true. If you are going to use one servo on the elevator, the push rod is typically a "Y" setup and the servo is usually mounted near the front of the plane.

MANY setups that use 2 elevator servos have the servos mounted in the rear of the plane and use short pushrods. The servos either use a "Reversing Y" connector OR have one servo 180 degrees from the other servo (for instance, the output shaft on one servo is near the tail and the other servo has the output shaft further away from the tail )
Old 05-15-2005, 07:30 PM
campbec

Hi Jim,

Further to the good info from Campy it is essential to ensure that each servo has the same throw. Set things up mechanically one servo at a time (with the other disconnected) with the radio settings at the default and measure the control throws to make sure the two "don't fight eachother".

With analog servos the "Y" lead should be fine. If you are using digital servos it may be necessary to program the servos for centre, end point etc and use different channels assuming your radio will allow.

Cheers,

Colin
Old 06-04-2005, 04:18 PM
platero

put the servos in diferent channels an then make a mix with your transmitter