Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

chipmunk stalls in a loop

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

chipmunk stalls in a loop

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 08:13 AM
highflyer353535
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chipmunk stalls in a loop

hi i have a cg chipmunk and had it tip stall half way through a loop which resulted in a basket case well i glued it back together i dont understand why it stalls mid way through the loop? as soon as it starts the loop wammo its like it cant pull its own weight up the hill ol lol i have a os 91 fx with a pitts over size muffler so i know there is plenty of power can some one please help? thank you
Old 10-08-2002, 10:45 AM
G.F. Reid
My Feedback: (1)

It's not that uncommon in some planes to high speed stall when the elevator is deflected. In other words, the wing just quits flying because of the sudden change in angle of attack. Air stops flowing over it and it falls out of the loop. That's just my guess as an far as an explanation...At any rate, reducing elevator throw will usually cure it.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:57 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Reducing Elevator throw should cure the problem, also check to see if one half of your elevator is deflecting more than the other half.