Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

upset buyer question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

upset buyer question

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 06:59 PM
p-47 razorback pilot
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upset buyer question

guys i have a question for all, awhile back i started a meister scale p-47 with a glass fuse build by a friend of mine whos a pro builder, i recieved the glass fuse and 3 pc used wing from the maker of the fuse, no problem, i had my builder (as im a flyer not a builder at all) check the wing out as the orig builder said it had never been dammaged, and had him build the tail section up, looked nice to me as well as install the tail wheel and scale gear doors on it.

it was going to be alot larger of a plane than i could store or haul around so i offeren it for sale for 900.00 with 3 pc wing, built tail section, cockpit pilot lots of extras, tail retract, said i would ship it for 100.00 to buyer greyhound, well i paid a builder 200.00 incl supplies to build me heavy duty crates for the fuse and wing as well as once i got to greyhound it cost me $66.75 to send the wing crate and another $148.00 to ship the fuse crate WAY over wht i had quoted but i ate it as thats what i said i would ship it for.

now weeks later the guy calls me and says the wing had been cracked..... and tail section is way off to one side and the whole thing is usless to him and he wants his money back, im in no way trying to screw the guy or anyone else for that matter, but i had no idea all i knew was the builder seemed to have done a great job with the tail and retract area doors, and he knew the wing was used, theres no way i can afford to repay the guy his 900.00 even after i paid way over what i said i would to ship it and insure the crates were heavy duty as not to have it dammaged and even insured it.

i really feel bad for the guy but i had no idea, as in buying a used car soon as you sign the papers and on your way home it throws a rod, thats too bad but it is yours, i mean if i was able to id refund the guys money paid and junk it if it is as bad as he says. but i cant, thoughts from you guys on this? hell if i was going to screw him i surly wouldnt have gave him my phone numbers to get ahold of me ya know.....[]
Old 06-29-2005, 07:04 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: upset buyer question

The key is "weeks later". How many weeks? Seems if he has had the plane any time at all, he would have contacted you earlier. Sounds like buyers remorse, but maybe not. What does your builder say in his defense?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Fletch124
My Feedback: (7)

Tell him your story and see what you can work out. Ask him to send you pictures of the damage!
Old 06-29-2005, 07:51 PM
p-47 razorback pilot

the guy who did the work for me is on vacation i email him awaiting his responce, im thinking the buyer now has remorse, i want to make it really clear,, i never intended to rip him or anyone else off, but i can not refund the guys money i even email him dig pics before the sale when he asked for them what to do? i feel sorry for the guy but i cant understand? [&o]
Old 06-29-2005, 08:42 PM
p-47 razorback pilot

time was around 2-3 weeks that he has had the plane i sold it to get a yellow aircraft p-47 as its smaller so i no longer have the cash very very sorry and will have my builder email or call him but thats about it, thoughts i even insured it for dammage but there was none
Old 06-30-2005, 04:51 AM
t6texan.aus

Did you fly it b4 you sold it and did you find anything wrong with it?

Sounds like sour grapes to me, and this is why my Dad chose to smash up all the old planes he no longer wanted to keep when we moved home.

He said as he did it that no one else would appreciate them in they way he did building and flying them.

Hope it works out for you without any hassels.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:44 AM
p-47 razorback pilot

no, it was in ready to primer state
Old 07-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Bill DCat

I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what happened. Is the buyer saying that plane was damaged in shipping? If so, did you purchase shipping insurance. I've no experience with greyhound, so I don't know if they offer it. But if you did purchase shipping insurance, make a claim. Shipping companies will send a rep out to take a look at the crate it was shipped in and the plane, and let you know if it is covered.

I'm not sure why you need to talk to your builder, unless he's claiming that the plane was built wrong.

Hope everything works out...
Old 07-03-2005, 01:07 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get him to send you some pics to see if it was shipping damage.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:00 PM
p-47 razorback pilot

nope, i supplied the greyhound shipping insurence and insured all crates for the max, the guy is saying the wing had been broken at some point and repaired, i bought the wing used and also told this buyer it was used, my builder built the tail section, and since im not a builder looked great to me....

the guy recieved the crates, cslled said he had them everything was fine, and now week 1/2 later says that he wants a refund over the tail being cooked and wing repaired.... i in no way intended to rip anyone off the meister was going to be way loo large to haul around is why i sold it and went with a yellow aircraft kit.

im waiting to speek to my builder, whos out on vacation but i trust this guy and am very sorry if its wrong, but am thinking he had 2nd thoughts on the plane after all he can get another wing kit if it needs it, he asked for and i sent dig pics before he bought it, so the dammage was not during shipping, he just says its built wrong and wants a refund..... sorry but i cant do that, i feel really bad for the guy but it was not intentional...thoughts...
Old 07-27-2005, 08:49 PM
p-47 razorback pilot

?
[]