Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Programming Futaba 7CAP for Ultra Stick 60

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Programming Futaba 7CAP for Ultra Stick 60

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 01:35 PM
chaddiemac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Futaba 7CAP for Ultra Stick 60

If anyone has any information on how to program for the quad flap functions on a Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 60 with a Futaba 7CAP radio and 7-channel receiver, please let me know. I am trying to figure it out as I type. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:16 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programming Futaba 7CAP for Ultra Stick 60

Hello this is from the futaba website directly. this radio is somewhat limited as you cannot program full span ailerons and I cannot adjust the amount of travel on one of my flaps set to the switch. so I have full flaps or no flaps but it is adjustable in the airbrake mode. if you have any questions I will help you the best I can.

Is the 7C capable of being used with a complex 7-servo aerobatic model with separate flap and aileron servos?
Yes, but while you can use it with one such as the Ultra Stick, it is somewhat limited and not capable of full span ailerons.
First you will need to plug your flaps into channels 5 and 7. Next go into your Para menu and make channel 5 Null.
Next you will need to activate Flaperons and Flap Trim, setting the percentage of your Flap Trim as needed. Then go into your Airbrake menu and activate it, again setting the percentages as needed.
Now you will want to go into your Elevator/Flap mix and activate it. Select your 3-position switch for this and once you have set your percentages as needed, you will want to make this active in the Up position.
Then we will want to do three Pmixes.
The first one will be Offset as master, to channel 7, put this on your 3-way switch in the Down position, and set the rate to +100%.
The second one will be Offset as master, to channel 5, again put this on the 3-way switch in the Down position and set the rate to +100%.
The third will be for your Flaps on a separate switch, so go into the Pmix, making Offset the master once more, and make channel 5 the slave. Set this to a separate switch in the Down position and make the rate -100%. Now you will want to go into Para and set channel 7 to whichever switch you want to control channel 5 and 7. Let's say switch E. Just remember to leave channel 5 Nulled.
This will give you the following.
3-way switch in the Up position will give you some Aileron with your Elevator, in the Center position you will have normal functions of all channels, in the Down position you will have Airbrake with up flaperons, down flaps, and down elevator.