Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Sig 4 Star 40 and wheel pants

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sig 4 Star 40 and wheel pants

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 12:32 AM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sig 4 Star 40 and wheel pants

I'm in the process of building a 4 Star 40, and I'm thinking alittle ahead here. ButI've seen some pics of on here of the 4 Star 40 that has wheel pants on them .I went to the Sig web site and found the ones listed for the 4 star with are the same as the SE Part # SIGSH378. What I need to know now is what wheel pant mounts I'll need to use . They list several, but not what they'll fit. I thought maybe some of you guys that do have wheel pants on your 4 Star 40's could give me a hand. Thanks, JT
Old 10-16-2002, 03:22 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

I have used Sig'g smaller wheel pant brackets for several airplanes. I buy TWO packs to give me 4 individual brackets for EACH plane. I mount one bracket on each side of the pant for a solid mount, not prone to flexing from side to side which cracks pants.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:27 PM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Good idea doubleing up the mounts. I looked on /Sig site and the smallest ones are part # SIGSH720. 3/" Heavy Duty. I take it that the 3/16 " is the axle size? Thanks, JT
Old 10-17-2002, 12:50 AM
r degen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also use the Sig Wheel Pant Mounts they do have smaller one's I have a set for 1/8 axle, sig part number SIGSH726. Randy
Old 10-17-2002, 04:22 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

My Sig part number for trhe 5/32 axile pant bracket is SH-727. So you should have quite a choice of sizes. They seem hard to find as most LHS don't carry them, but may order....... Darn Tower doesn't carry them!