Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

9CAP signal

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Airdale CPO
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9CAP signal

I recently purchased a used 9CAP TX with an FM module and CAMpac. The TX is in excellent condition on the outside and all the "bells and whistles" seem to auction properly. I at least think they do, I have yet to get a RX to test it our. There are no visible traces that the TX has been mishandled in anyway nor that any screw has been tampered with.

I was using the TX with a simulation that I have and noticed that every once in a while I would loose "communication" with the simulated A/C. My module is out so I don't drain the battery and I am using the supplied cord with the sim. I had tried to recreate the "no signal" and just could not figure it out. I'd wiggle the cord, press the spindles, switch different switches and so on. I even cycled my battery just to think that maybe I was losing power.

Well, today I finally figured out what it is and that I will probably have to send it in for repair but before I do, I would like to know of why this condition existed in the first place.

The problem lies with the metal face and my hand or fingers causing a "ground" so to say. I would have the simulation running and as soon as I take my hand or finger off the metal faceplate, I would lose the signal. In other words, my hand/finger is making a ground by touching the metal faceplate. Sounds weird I know, again as soon as I would just barely touch the metal face plate or a metal switch on the face plate I would regain the "signal" and could fly all day.

What in the world would cause this condition and how would it need to be fixed??? Or, is this common or just because I am using a cord on the simulator.

I have written Futaba 4 days ago and have yet to get a response. What to do?!?!?
Old 08-16-2005, 03:53 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: 9CAP signal

Have you tried it with the module in place?
Old 08-16-2005, 05:01 PM
thundervee

It's not the Tx, it's the cable for your sim, it may seem to work with other Tx's but not with the 9C, unless you "ground it", I would bet money it's the cable for the sim..
Hope that help's ya somewhat
Old 08-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Airdale CPO
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: mscic-RCU

Have you tried it with the module in place?
mscic-RCU,

Yes, I have tried it with the module in and have the same results.

thundervee,

I did think about that as well. I do have a Hitec TX and it works great. I'm just wandering, could I put a multimeter on the face plate and look for ohms or something to that nature? I will again find someone at my local flying club with my same channel and test it that way too to give me piece of mind.

Thank you both for your responses!