Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Glitches

Old 08-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Dragon Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitches

Where can I find spark plug boot for a Zenoah, the lead type? Hunting down a ghost. Also has anyone got advise on what other problems could cause these glitches? I can't get but 25 feet of range without all the surfaces going ape.[&o]
Old 08-18-2005, 09:02 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: Glitches

Call me at my store Sat I'll be here 8 to 4. To many things to go over and i can't type that fast. Dennis 270 783-4004
Old 08-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Dragon Fly

Will do,thanks for the reply.

Tommy
Old 08-18-2005, 12:30 PM
sbd-5
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

is this your first ignition engine installation?
basic rules .cover firewall with sheet metal to act as rf sheild,no metal pushrods or wires should enter the fuse past the firewall.use nyrod for throttle linkage and kill switches [two] should be mounted on engine side.
are you using servo extensions?if so use ace glitch busters especially on airlerons..antena should be mounted outside of fuse.are you using nicad batteries?
Old 08-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Dragon Fly

Yes this is my first gasser and also I bought it already built. It is a Stinger 120 and I have made two mods. I changed metal throttle to Gold-n-rod, and and rerouted the antenna outside staight down and staight to the rear. What do you mean mounting the switches on engine side? Also I've been told to twist all switch wires and servo wires. Where can I get info, and or purchase glitch busters. Sounds obvious what they do but could you explain? What about the bolts running through the firewall attaching the motor? Will this cause any problems?

Thanks in advance
Tommy
Old 08-18-2005, 03:40 PM
macdona
My Feedback: (3)

I run C and H ignition and a Bosch plug cover on my gas engines and it solves all my problems, even the one with the throttle servo right by the engine
Old 08-18-2005, 05:06 PM
sbd-5
Banned

the switches i was refering too are kill switches two were required at most fields do not know if that still applies on switch should be manually operated the other by radio,usually a micro switch activated by low throttle low trim will do.i use a dubro wheel colar on the nyrod throttle linkage to activate the micro switch,all they do is ground the coil to kill the spark,that way engine will not fire until they are turned on .engine could fire from just turning the prop with residual gas left in carb.glitch busterrs are sold by ace r/c should be available at lhs,they are for use where servo extensions are over 6"long and could generate rf nois.engine mounting bolts will not cause a problem
one thing i forgot was no metel to metal contact on any lingage.
if you need to see picture of kill switch setup let me know and will try to post one.let me know what else you need help with.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Dragon Fly

This is the current setup,just to let you see any other obvious problems from these pics. Again thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88576.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	312058   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75689.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	312059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44009.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	312060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw65940.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	312061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Te47944.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	312062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw26969.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	312063  
Old 08-18-2005, 06:40 PM
sbd-5
Banned

one thing i see is the antenna wire crossing the corner of the battery pack as well as the servo leads.try swapping the positions of the reciever and battery pack to keep all servo leads and the antenna away from the battery and see what happens.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:53 PM
R/C Deals

ugly //////// your not ready for high performance planes. For those of you reading this ..Your a typical power jockey that likes to throw his money around to impress all the guys at the field.. with a big stupid plane You have no real understanding of airspeed just look at how you land,......not pretty...and your negative to any other type of flying bascially one of the jerks.. I belong to a large power club with 330 members in Texas i Know the type...you look down on my glider ,, then you all have the same idiot story about how you had a glider once...and it stayed up for 3 hours the first flight yeah right..then you said well i only used a motor to get it up there...what a joke thats not gliding ..you are liars as well as negative losers ...by the way my Ninja aileron equipped glider does an inverted snap roll after launch as well as a rolling circle in a thermal...good luck Keith White
Old 08-18-2005, 06:57 PM
R/C Deals

EXTTA as in ugly extra ugly //////// your not ready for high performance planes. For those of you reading this ..Your a typical power jockey that likes to throw his money around to impress all the guys at the field.. You have no real understanding of airspeed just look at how you land,......not pretty...and your negative to any other type of flying bascially one of the jerks.. I belong to a large power club with 330 members in Texas i Know the type...you look down on my glider ,, then you all have the same idiot story about how you had a glider once...and it stayed up for 3 hours the first flight yeah right..then you said well i only used a motor to get it up there...what a joke thats not gliding ..you are liars as well as negative losers ...by the way my Ninja aileron equipped glider does an inverted snap roll after launch as well as a rolling circle in a thermal...good luck Keith White
Old 08-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Dragon Fly

Sorry about that first pic, It is an old one that got mixed in, I have already changed the ant. routing, but the servo wires I'm gonna move and twist.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:44 PM
gstrato79

Hello Everyone,

I just finished a profile Edge 540 with a supretiger 45 the arf was by carl goldberg. I am getting glitches on every servo. What am i missing. They seem to do it when the engine is running. No metal to metal on pushrods and servo arms. I would be greatly appreciated for any info. if the attena was oartially wrapped around reciever would this cause this?

Thanks greg
Old 08-24-2005, 08:54 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

I'd put more foam around that receiver. Gassers produce A LOT of vibration--need more protection! You shouldn't be having that much interference with your current setup. I'd start to suspect the receiver or rx battery of problems!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dragonfly:
Make sure your sparkplug has a R in the number. Do you get normal range with the engine shut off?
Old 08-27-2005, 07:16 AM
Dragon Fly

Thanks guys I'm working my ***** off at work,sorry about the slow replys. I'm going to take all this advice and roll it up into a complete re-gutting, if you will.
Thanks to everyone I'll get this thing flying safe.

Tommy
Old 08-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Greg:
Not good. Keep the antenna well away from all electronics including the batt.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:53 AM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would want both the receiver and battery in foam, a kill switch (Off/On) forward of the firewall, and a nonmetal pushrod for the throttle. Also I might run the antenna down and outside of the airframe at the receiver. Then I would retest to see if more changes were needed. The airplane is too pretty to break.

What kind of linkage is at the carburetor?

Bill