Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

glitch problem-something extra with 46ax

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

glitch problem-something extra with 46ax

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 08:11 AM
hancop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glitch problem-something extra with 46ax

I am having a problem with my plane and was hoping someone can help.
I fly it around in circuits and at least once each circuit (not always at the same spot) all servos will glitch for a split second.
I have checked that there is no metal on metal contact, and have wiggled the crystal and lightly tapped the reciever and each servo while it is running, but that does not seem to effect it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Old 08-25-2005, 08:19 AM
waagbuck
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: glitch problem-something extra with 46ax

I had a similar problem with my 46-size ucando3d. Could not get the glitch to repeat on the ground, passed range checks everytime. I changed out everything looking for the problem, and it turned out to be the battery. Try a new battery and see if that works.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:36 PM
WCB

Checking the battery is a good idea and if that's not the problem I would try a different reciever. If the glitch stops I would send the reciever in to be checked out. If it's not the Rx then try a different crystal. I am assuming that if you fly more than one plane with this Tx that none of the others have this problem. That would indicate the Tx is ok. If none of the aforementioned is the problem then you may be catching a stray signal or some other interference. I would also try to notice if the glitch happened at the same engine RPM each time which is indicative of a vibration problem.This problem can be tricky to identify sometimes. I have had glitches that I never did find the source of.

WCB
Old 08-25-2005, 05:40 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you pointing the antenna directly at the plane when you get this glitch??? Try keeping the antenna pointed a little off center if you put it up again. Also try standing in a different spot if you have been standing in the same spot when the problem happened. Non of this may help but it sure won't hurt to try, and it's free. Another thought, is there a building or something of that nature in line with your flight path ? ENJOY !!! RED
Old 08-26-2005, 01:36 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
Are you flying Hitec radio? Seen lots of trouble during the years with Hitech radios
Regards!
Jan K
Sweden
Old 08-26-2005, 02:02 PM
hancop

Thanks everyone for your help. I checked the battery and it was soaked in fuel. Turns out the gas tank has been leaking ever since I bulit the plane.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:35 PM
DVI

If cleaning the fuel soaked battery does not fix your problem, Try changing or by passing the radio on /off switch.
I also had this problem about one year ago and it drove me crazy until one of the senior guys at the field told me that the switch under vibration and sometimes high "G" loads may cause your radio to glitch.
He was right!! Just wish I had run into him about two weeks earlier.