Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

extra 260

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 08:41 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extra 260

I have a hanger 9 extra 260 that I just bought used. The stab on one side does'nt fit snug against the fuse and I can move it some by hand. Is this unsafe to fly? I dont want to take any chances with this plane. My gas engine is a first place 52cc if anyone has any comments about it. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-28-2005, 06:36 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: extra 260

That is unsafe and I would contact Horizon about what can be done about it. Also, do you know the origional owner? Did he fly it like that? Would he talk to horizon with you? Hope this helps

Woops
Old 08-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Brian Cooper

Default RE: extra 260

The Extra 260's tailplane is secured with a screw at each end of the (tube) spar.
If it can be moved by hand, it is definitely unsafe to fly. Try using an extra screw.

I didn't like the look of the screws on my one as they seemed a bit small for the job they had to do and might "cut" the spar after a while, so I upgraded to heavier caliber screws.

The 52 cc engine should be OK. Mine originally flew with a Moki 210 (glow), but I wanted a bit more power, so I have just fitted a DA50R.

B.C.