Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Seagull Edge 540

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Seagull Edge 540

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 10:09 PM
rtigg
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull Edge 540

I am having a hard time balanceing the edge, i have a asp 91 on it , with a 14/6 prop, no cowling, i have tried to adjust , still seems tail heavy.very irratic. I have rates on ailarons at 40 percent.and dual rates as book says. any help would really be apreciated.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:55 AM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Seagull Edge 540

I think these planes are notoriously tail-heavy.......a couple of years ago, a guy brought one out, and I beleive he thought it was balanced.....he's a good pilot and has been in the hobby for many years, so I KNOW he wouldn't have skipped that step. One of the best pilots at the field took it up, and the plane was very squirrely. He landed it fine, but they had to strap a pair of heavy pliers onto the engine mount to get the plane to balance correctly!
Old 09-17-2005, 09:20 AM
ggc1962
My Feedback: (10)

I have seen this plane built and flown. Yes, they are somewhat tail heavy. Here is what a buddy did to his. When he brought his to the field and took it up it was squirrely. He has a saito 100 in his. He took it home a used a 1900mah batt pak and all the way to the front of the fuse and added 3 oz. of weight to the front of the firewall. I think that your motor weighs just under 2 oz.
more than the saito so you may not need to add as much weight. Just something for you to go by. Once you get it figured out,I'm sure you will enjoy the plane. Its a nice flier. Make sure that since its an ARF that you check all glue joints. There has been some probs with the wings on this plane and I think seagull has fixed the prob
Old 09-20-2005, 03:40 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one of these with a G-90 for power. I placed two low profile servos dow th eback for elevator and have the rudder on a pull pull set up. My CG was pretty close to spot on, maybe just aft of the recommend starting point. They are a handfull with an aft CG but they are not supposed to be trainer like. Try a pull pull set up on your rudder to move the CG forward a bit.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:09 PM
airlyons

hey guys.... I just bought the seagull edge 540...and a Saito 150 four stroke. I'm at Calgary (4000 feet above sea level). What do you guys think? Should I get awesome vertical? What about center of gravity?
Old 02-03-2006, 08:58 AM
PropSpinner
My Feedback: (15)

How's the Edge coming? I'm also looking at this one. Aeroworks stopped making theirs.