Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

cold weather storage

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

cold weather storage

Old 09-21-2005, 08:29 PM
madmanmikie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold weather storage

Hello but again its everyone,

I was wondering or would like to know what the conseqences would be of storing a few of my planes outside in a unheated garage for the winter months. If the 10-20 degree temps would actually damage the wood frame, monocoat covering, and engine. I live in wisconsin and it can get cold here. Our garage is fully insulated and air tight, but again its not heated. The reason for this move is because I have already started a new building project (a new plane) and still will have some planes stored in the basement. I just don't have the room down there, to work with, and the wife doesn't want me to move the hobby into the main part of our home. Any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again for your help